September 22nd 2019 (Nyamilepedia)-The Chie-waw community under the military command of Major General Ochan Puot Buop, whose forces have been in a state of discord with Machar’s armed forces, has finally declared allegiance to South Sudan government.
Speaking to Nyamilepedia on Sunday after the deliberations, Duop Puka, Co-Chairman of the Chie-waw community, said that they had discussed and fully agreed to join the government under the leadership of South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir Mayardit, saying that they were forced to do so, as the SPLA-IO forces and paramilitary groups prepare to wage all-out war in Maiwut and its surrounding areas.
“We have been overwhelmed and attacked from different fronts by forces loyal to Riek Machar. They are also planning to carry [out] attacks on our forces. Today, we have decided today join the government because this is the only remaining option that we have. The entire Gajaak community has decided to gang up on us, killing everyone including women, children and the elderly.”
“We are ready to defend our territory from enemies no matter how large their numbers are, and we will continue to do so to protect our women and children. We have been waiting for the SPLM-IO leadership to find a lasting solution to all these crises, but they have failed.”
Statement by the Provisional Military and Political Council (PMPC)
We, the undersigned members of the Provisional Military Political Council split group from SPLM/A-IO of Dr. Riek Machar faction, hereby declare to South Sudanese, IGAD, East African Community, Troika and the international Community the reasons that we are joining the implementation of the Revitalized peace agreement signed in September 12, 2018 under the leadership of His Excellency Salva Kiir Mayardit, President of the Republic of South Sudan.
Reasons for splitting from Dr. Riek Machar’s SPLM/A-IO weak leadership.
1. The deliberate attack, killings and displacement of innocents Cie-waw and Gajaak Civilians in Adar State (Maiwut); where over seventy-nine thousand four hundreds and fifty (79,450) civilians were looted and displaced from their homes by the forces loyal to Dr. Riek Machar from July 31, 2019 to Date. This left no option but to defend the local population with any means necessary at our disposal by PMPC.
2. Ignoring of Gajaak politicians by Dr. Riek Machar in all the decisions making which resulted as a disaster in Gajaak area.
3. Dr. Riek Machar violate SPLM/SPLA IO founding documents in a broad day light, predominately the manifesto; principal of 2,1 of constitution; principled article 5 and R-ARCISS articles 1.2.2/3/4/; 2.1.3/4/5/9/10 and 2.2.3./4/4. References to violated above articles, example; appointment of Brig. Gen. Mawich Wantet from Phow state (Gawaar clan) as a commissioner of Maiwut county without consultation of Gajaak leaders and community in general.
4. SPLM/SPLA IO organ seem to be with on bed with its cohorts only serving a person not the vision.
5. During the negotiations of R-ARCISS, Dr. Riek Machar, who only listened to the advice of his wife Angelina Teny, did not bother to consult the SPLM/SPLA-IO top commanders and senior politicians opinions in the position paper during the negotiations. He relied heavily on the advice of his wife Angelina Teny.
6. Unwillingness of Dr. Riek Machar Teny to implement the signed R-ARCISS in letter and spirit, the attack and killings of the innocent civilians in Adar state (Maiwut) and other areas across the country, his refusal to come to Juba and secret forceful recruitment which is against the R-ARCISS proved the intention of non-implementation.
7. Lack of consultation with his top SPLM/A-IO commanders and the privatization of the movement’s affairs controlled by his wife and close family members such as Gen Yiey Dak Wei, Gen. Dhiling Keak, Gen. Jal Thomas and others.
8. The support that Dr. Riek Machar once enjoyed got eroded hence majority of the officers and members of the SPLM/SPLA-IO lost confidence in his leadership because he had been leading them to self-isolation in anger and despair.
9. Failure of Dr. Riek Machar to implement the Pagak 2014 Convention and his hunger for power other than the life of people and stability of South Sudan, reflect his strong superstitious belief in the Ngundeng prophecy.
Major Decisions taken by the Provisional Military and Political Council (PMPC)
1. Declares to join SPLM under His Excellency General Salva Kiir Mayardit, President of the Republic of South Sudan and commander in Chief of the SSPDF and Supreme Commander of all the regular Forces for the speedy implementation of the R-ARCISS.
2. PMPC and SSPDF will continue to protect and defend the local population from any further aggression by forces loyal to Dr. Riek Machar.
3. Appeal for immediate humanitarian intervention in most affected areas of Adar State (Gajaak areas).
Finally, we beseech with other South Sudanese, the Region and the international community to consider a genuine people’s peace driven as R-ARCISS has proven to serving culprits. We call upon humanitarian agencies to assist the venerable population specially women and children
Since August, the civilian population living in and around Maiwut has been experiencing insecurity following the outbreak of violence between the SPLA (IO) forces and the Chie-waw community that has forced thousands of them to flee their homes and led to the relocation of humanitarian workers.
Last week, a high-level delegation of humanitarian workers expressed grave concern over the continuing violence that led to the suspension of humanitarian operations in the area and urged the CTSAMM to investigate crimes committed by the military in the area.
“The situation in Maiwut is getting out of control, and there is an urgent need for #CTSAMM to investigate these heinous crimes committed against civilians by the military and allied forces in Maiwut.”