MAKER PAYAM, THOROW COUNTY!
Dated 5th & 6th March, 2020.
April 2, 2020(Nyamilepedia) — Gaguang Community drawn from different spectra of the Community that include, Intellectuals and Political Leaders, Local Chiefs, Elders, Church Leaders, Military leaders, Youth groups and Women held a two days Convention in Maker Payam from March 5th -6th 2020 under the Theme:
” Peace, Reconciliation, Unity and Development”
The Convention that is one of its kinds in a generation and was attended by more than 3,500 participants coming from different spectra of the Community as mentioned above. The Convention deliberated on the following three agenda items:
- Internal and External Killings must stop. (Gaguang should live peacefully among themselves and in a co-existence with their neighbors as well);
- Thorow must remain as a County of its own, although most of the counties created during the war were dissolved.
- This Convention shall be held Annually.
(1) FIRST AGENDA ITEM RESOLUTIONS:
After two days intensive deliberations on the agenda items mentioned above, the Conveners resolved the following points:
- That the internal communal conflicts, within Gaguang various sub-clans (in-fighting) or with the neighboring communities be stopped altogether with immediate effect. Based on this resolved point, the Convention participants agreed that:
- Blood -compensation to the victims’ families and relatives as traditions and laws required must be perform with immediate effect with the help and cooperation between County and Local community leaders as soon as possible. The blood compensation shall be back dated at least starting from the past 7 years to compensate the family of the victims who were killed but not compensated in those times by proceeding administration due to various reason;
- To prevent any further communal conflict, the participants in the National Convention agreed that ‘White Army’ as a Peace Force is to be organized with their Leaders nominated by each sub-clan. The leadership of this Peace Force shall jointly work together with County Administration and the Chiefs, and with the entire Community to prevent recurrence of violent conflicts that have been taking toll on lives and livelihoods of our people. Code of conduct that will guide the operations and the activities of this Peace Forces shall be developed by their leadership with the support of the County Administration prior to the election or selection of the leadership body. Diaspora Community are encourage to provide logistics support to that Peace Force in order to conduct their operations effectively and in timely manner.
(2) SECOND AGENDA ITEM RESOLUTIONS:
- The Community agreed that a committee drawn from Intellectuals and Political Leaders in conjunction with Community Leaders are to be set to make necessary follow-up with the Country’s leadership on issue of allowing Thorow its inherent and un alienated right to operate as a County of its own given its unique identity as a the distinctive Community within large Eastern Jikany Community;
(3) THIRD AGENDA ITEM RESOLUTIONS:
- The participants to the Convention further agreed that this Peace Convention shall be held annually so as to keep the community informed about the important of managing and prevent conflicts using various conflict management mechanisms including local and traditional conflict management tools. It shall also be done annually to ensure that the Community lives in peace. In this regard, it was agreed that Diasporas Community Leaders, County Administrations shall take lead in the organization of the next year Convention schedule for the following:
- 5th MARCH 2021
Priority to the Convention, various Committees and Sub-committees comprising the Gaguang Community Leaders, Intellectuals and Political Leaders and County Administration shall be involved.
- It was also strongly stressed and agreed that Gaguang sons and daughters from diaspora must leave their differences and work collectively for the common good and betterment of the Community.
- Finally, it was agreed that a Committee consisting of County Administration, Diaspora Community Leaders, Intellectuals and Community Leaders have been constituted to follow the implementation of the resolutions of this Convention in spirit and in letter.
(4) DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS REQUEST:
- Due to heavily flooding, the Community request Government and diaspora Community to construct flood fence in Maker Payam, that would prevent detrimental effects of floods that threatening the life of local populations and their livestock in Maker Payam.
- The Community also request basic service such as Primary Health Care and local Schools to be establish in all 7 Payams
PARTICIPANTS WHO HAVE SPOKEN IN THE CONVENTION!
|S/N||NAME IN FULL||POSITION|
|1||MR. BHAN GONY CHUOL DAP||CHAIRMAN, THOROW COUNTY YOUTH ASSOCIATION|
|2||MR. CHAN BOL DUOP||DEPUTY CHAIRMAN, THOROW COUNTY YOUTH ASSOCIATION|
|3||MR. MUOCH DENG MAR||SECRETARY GENERAL, THOROW COUNTY YOUTH ASSOCIATION|
|4||MRS. MARY NYAKUTEY PATHOT||WOMEN’S LEAGUE|
|5||MRS. MARTHA NYAYUAL KHAM||WOMEN’S LEAGUE|
|6||MRS. MARY NYANHIAL JOCK||WOMEN’S LEAGUE|
|7||MR. KHER BAYAK MET||ELDER FROM NYANG SECTION|
|8||MR. WIYUAL BUOM KIKUEY||ELDER FROM NYANG SECTION|
|9||MR. JOHN HOTH WUOL||ELDER FROM NYANG SECTION|
|10||MR. PALEK THOK PEAT||ELDER FROM CHIE-NYINGIE SECTION|
|11||MR. STEPHEN KHAN NYAYUL||ELDER FROM CHIE-NYINGIE SECTION|
|12||MR. TUACH GATLOU CHAK||ELDER FROM CHIE-NYINGIE SECTION|
|13||MR. KOANG NYANG KUETH||ELDER FROM GAAT-CHIKA SECTION|
|14||MR. WAL BUOM CHUOL||ELDER FROM GAAT-CHIKA SECTION|
|15||MR. KAYIER PADHAL YUOL||ELDER FROM GAAT-CHIKA SECTION|
|16||MR. LOANG RUOT BANGOANG||SUB-CHIEF, MADING PAYAM|
|17||MR. NGUT CHUOL NGER||HEAD CHIEF, KOAT-GUTA PAYAM|
|18||MR. WAL MALUAK LAM||HEAD CHIEF, WANG-NYANG PAYAM|
|19||MR. YANGDING TUT KOANG||HEAD CHIEF, GUR-NYANG PAYAM|
|20||MR. TOT KUEY TENY||HEAD CHIEF, MAKER PAYAM|
|21||MR. BIEL THOK CHUOL||HEAD CHIEF, BIL-JALOK PAYAM|
|22||MR. TUT KUANY WUR||HEAD CHIEF, WECH-NYOT PAYAM|
|23||MR. CHUOL LUL YOT||PARAMOUNT CHIEF, THOROW COUNTY|
|24||MR. WAL YOR KHAM||TOWN BENCH COURT, THOROW COUNTY|
|25||MR. THANYANG KIIR RANGDIT||SENIOR EXECUTIVE OFFICER|
|26||MR. ISAIHA LAM THOT||SENIOR EXECUTIVE OFFICER|
|27||MATTHEW KEK GACH||ROSS COORDINATOR, THOROW COUNTY|
|28||COL. NYAHON DIEW NYOAP||SPLA-IO OFFICER|
|29||MAJOR PUR DENG LUAL||THOROW AREA OPERATION COMMANDER|
|30||COL. DHAN KUN THIAN||THOROW AREA COMMANDER|
|31||BRIG. GEN. TUACH NYAW DENG||DIVISION 3 HEADQUARTER|
|32||MR. JAMES GUEK RIEK||ELDER|
|33||MR. JAMES KAK LUAL||ELDER|
|34||MR. DAVID GOTE PUOCH||PASTOR TRAINEE|
|35||REV. MICHAEL TOP DUOL||PASTOR IN-CHARGE, ECC IN WANTHOA|
|36||REV. JOHN YIEN CHUOL||PASTOR-GUR-NYANG PARISH|
|37||REV. JAMES WAKOW LUONY||PASTOR IN-CHARGE, MADING PARISH|
|38||REV. JAMES DECH BOTH||PRESIDENT, NUER CHRISTIAN NETWORK IN WANTHOA WARODA|
|39||MR. DUOL KUN THIAN||DIASPORA TEAM SECRETARY, FROM AUSTRALIA|
|40||MR. WILLIAM DENG DHIACH||DIASPORA TEAM ADVISOR, FROM USA|
|41||MR. JAMES GATDET LONY||DIASPORA TEAM LEADER, FROM CANADA|
|42||MR. TUACH BENYCHIENG DOMOK||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, THOROW COUNTY|
|43||MR. JOHN CHUOL WAL||SECRETARY GENERAL, SOBAT AREA|
|44||HON. YIEN GACH RUEY||MP, SECRETARY FOR CABINET AFFAIRS, SOBAT AREA|
|45||HON. TUT TUACH NYAW||COMMISSIONER, THOROW COUNTY|
|46||H.E. JAMES BANAK RIANG||GOVERNOR, SOBAT STATE. He addressed the Convention through phone while he was in Ulang County for insecurity and emergency purpose.|
VIVA! GAGUANG NATIONAL CONVENTION!
VIVA! PEACE AND RECONCILIATION!
VIVA! JAMES BANAK RIANG
VIVA! DR. RIEK MACHAR TENY-DHURGON
HON. TUT TUACH NYAW,
COMMISSIONER, THOROW COUNTY
MRS. REBECCA NYATER GACH
CHAIRPERSON, GAGUANG COMMUNITY IN UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- JAMES GATDET LONY
CHAIRMAN, GAGUANG COMMUNITY IN CANADA
- PETER PAL KONG,
CHAIRMAN, GAGUANG COMMUNITY IN AUSTRALIA
CC: Hon. Maj. Gen. James Banak Riang, Governor Sobat Area
CC: H.E. Dr. Riek Machar Teny-Dhurgon, First Vice President of the Republic of South Sudan, Chairman & Commander in Chief, SPLM/A-IO.