Payinjiar Community in Kenya calls for Political Representation in SPLM in Opposition Leadership
By Gaanun Yieh Gatkuoth,
July 22, 2015(Nyamilepedia) — Payinjiar Community members held a meeting with the Chairman and Commander in Chief of the SPLM/SPLA Dr. Riek Machar Teny Dhurgon on July 3rd, 2015 in Nairobi Safari Park Hotel.
The following agenda items were discussed:
- Calls for Political Representation in the Movement (SPLM/IO)
- Recommendation for the promotions of the Commissioner Capt. John Tap Puot and Col. Luony Biel Kuon to the higher ranks in SPLM/A IO as their incentives for the recent victories in defense of Panyijar county territory.
However, during discussion at the meeting, feedback was not encouraging citing the response to the political representation in the Movement from the leadership.
Therefore, the community leadership in Nairobi intervene a meeting on July 19th 2015 and adopted the following resolutions:-
- Nyuong –Nuer retreated their full commitment to SPLM/SPLA and still continue demanding their Representation in the Movement;
- Support Peace initiatives at all levels the ongoing peace negotiation in Addis Ababa and grass root peaceful coexistence with the neighbors..
- Nyuong-Nuer will respect the cessation of hostility and will not lead an offensive against their neighbors but will still defend their territory from any external attacks.
- Nyuong-Nuer sends strong warning to their enemies in Salva Kiir camp not to use this as basis to divide the Leadership of SPLM in opposition camp. Nyuong- Nuer are still and fully committed to fight the cause of innocent Nuer Massacred in Juba
Gaanun Yieh Gatkuoth ,
Acting Chairman of Payinjiar Community in Kenya
CC: Payinjiar Commissioner in Opposition
CC: Payinjiar Community in Uganda
CC: Payinjiar Community in United States of America
CC: Payinjiar Community in Australia
CC: Payinjiar Community in Ethiopia
CC: Payinjiar Community in Khartuom-Sudan