South Sudan: Renewed Offensives In Northern Upper Nile!
June 14, 2015(Nyamilepedia) — Latest reports from Upper Nile state confirm that major offensives that last for nearly 3 hours resumed yesterday in Manyo County of Norther Upper Nile.
According to the military sources of SPLA in Opposition, government troops attacked their position at Kaka Payam in search of territorial gain.
The Opposition believes that their forces under Brig. Gen. Peter Lim Bol have repulsed the attack and captured, at least, 5 pick-up trucks mounted with various machine guns and 65 PKMs, a report that Nyamilepedia is yet to independently verified.
According to Dickson Gatluak Jock, who speaks on behave of the military commands of SPLA-IO, Juba has been massing troops in Wedakona, the administrative headquarters of Manyo which the SPLA-Juba captured in March this year, to attack their positions in the county.
Kaka Payam, which has exchanged hands many times, was recaptured last Month by combined forces of SPLA-IO and SPLA-Agwelek after the defection of Maj. Gen. Olony to the Opposition.
According to Dickson Gatluak, the Opposition will not give up on Kaka Payam and others areas, which they occupied after the government abandoned and relocated troops to Paloch oilfields.
“The SPLA/IO forces wouldn’t accept redeployment of government troops in those areas abandoned by government troops but hold by our forces currently in Upper Nile.” Gatluak said.
Gatluak further reiterates that Juba is forcefully recruiting youth in Jonglei and Lake states to attack their positions in Lou-Nuer and Panyinjiar counties.
“For the past one week, high military presence were also seen being deployed in Bor the capital of jonglei state purposely to launch a coordination attack on Lou Nuer’s areas specially Akobo.” Gatluak said.
“Besides that, the government troop are also teaming up in Rumbek North Lake state aiming to attack our positions in Panyijiar Southern part of unity state.” he continued.
In other reports, the Sudanese President, Omar Hassan el Bashir, has officially left Johannesburg, South Africa, after news of his arrest sparked the media as ordered by the South African Court.
“The president finished his business in South Africa and is coming back home,” Sudanese Information Minister Ahmed Bilal Osman told Bloomberg.