My Personal Idea To the Prof. Peter Adwok Nyaba, Minister of Higher Education, Secinece and Technology
By Ter Manyang Gatwech, Kampala-Uganda
May 23RD, 2016(Nyamilepedia) —-The South Sudan National Examination Borad (SSNEB) can be introduced by South Sudan’s Parliament in order to regular the exams and monitoring the education systems in the country, both Primary schools, Secondary Schools and higher learning institutions. These body can sets exams yearly from the Month of Oboctor-December every year in South Sudan. The time must be fixed every year. Public Administrators can be the policy makers in the Ministry of Education in South Sudan. There must be qulified teachers who can sets the exams and marks exams at the ends of the procsss. The body should introduced new South Sudan National Curriculum Development Centre(SSNCDC. South Sudan Education Systems was horrific for 11 years due to poor administration and lack of experts like Public Administrators, Teachers who can make the poicies within the Ministry of Education in Juba, South Sudan. President Salva Kiir Mayardit and Dr. Reik Machar Teny should be blamed for the bad education systems in the country. If you child is not in the country you cannot do good thing to change the syetems. Let the new goverenmnet come with changes so that the citizens can re-turst that goverenmnt again.
Do you know that the societal segments were based more on your education than economic worth, just economically better off could afford better education too? Women were the aliens of the already alienated because they weren’t seen as able to mingle in a society where reasoning happened. It is extremely important that you be at par with the knowledge to be able to mingle in a certain societal setting without being made to feel embarrassed or an outcast. Education helps you broaden that spectrum of knowledge and hold your own mind and reason. According to BBC WORLD NEWS approximate 1.5 Million children in South Sudan are out of the schools due to crisis we have now in our country and poor education systems. The Transitional Government of National Unity should work hard in order to build enough schools for our children to come back to South Sudan so that they can learn the history of South Sudan. Why Professors don’t write books in South Sudan? I believe most of our children didn’t know the history of South Sudan. For example, asking a child who is the First President of South Sudan? That child will not answer the above question well! Because he /she does not taught the history of this country from the commencement.
It can be in charged with the responsibility of setting examinations in ten states of South Sudan and administering national education at viaious levels of the country, inculde;
- state level
- county level means; the a terriory which the administrative jurisdiction of the a local goverenment county esatbalished.
- Boma level means; the basic administrative unite of the county which shll execrise deconcentrated within county.
- Payam level means; the second tier of the local goverenment which is the coordinative which execrise deledged powers from the county.
- Secertary General
- Communication officer
- Assistance Communication officer
- Specialist officer
- Principal Policy Analyst
Role and responsibility of SSNEB
- To set the exams in the whole country both Primary and Sceondary
- To monoitor the exams in the State, County, Boma and Payam
- To Marks the examinations both Primary and Secondary
- To set rules and regulations
- To coordainte from state to state
- Set the standards policy of Education systems
- To supervise technical staff to ensure effective implementation of administrative within the Ministry
- To provide guidance and coordinate support to the programmatic teams, and sub-awardees, including identifying and promoting clear communications on issues of programmatic and budget management activities, compliance, monitoring and evaluation within the Ministry
- To develop regular reports and ongoing activity monitoring consistent with the requirements of Education system
Strategic Objectives of the SSNEB
- To ensure quality Education Service delivery by appointing appropriate personnel.
- To enhance efficient and effective Education Service delivery through proper management of Education Service in the country
- To establish and maintain national standards in the Education System in the country
Our Core Values
The South Sudan National Examination Board (SSNE) is guided by the following core values and principles:
- Transparency: We shall take all Board decisions in an open and transparent manner.
- Effectiveness: We shall achieve intended results in line with the set performance standards.
- Efficiency: We shall put all available resources to optimal use in order to achieve expected results.
- Professionalism: We shall conduct all business within the mandate of our Board in a professional manner.
- Integrity: We shall provide all clients with fair and unbiased irrespective of gender, race, religion, disability or ethnic background.
- Time Management: We shall undertake all activities within the stipulated period and set standards.
- Discipline: We shall adhere to the stipulated rules and regulations governing the education service and public service in general.
- Objectivity: We shall base the Board’s decisions on professional and ethical codes of practice applicable to the Board.
- Selflessness: We shall serve the public without consideration for financial or material gains.
- Honesty: We shall conduct our duties with truthfulness and sincerity.
- Customer Care: We shall ensure that our clients are promptly attended to and in an ethical manner.
- Meritocracy: We shall ensure that all appointment decisions are free and fair and therefore the most suitable candidates.
- Accountability: We shall hold office in public trust and shall personally be responsible for our actions and inaction.
By Ter Manyang Gatwech, former chairman of Gawaar-Nuer Community and current Executive Director of International Youth for Africa(IYA). His main interests include; the nature of the study Public Administration, Public Values, Human Rights, Rule of Law, Federal system, Women’s Rights, Girl’s Rights and the Globalization in Public Administration. Reachable via: email@example.com . Twitter;@TerManyag1 and Skype Ter Manyang.
The statements, comments, or opinions published by Nyamilepedia are solely those of their respective authors, which do not necessarily represent the views held by the moderators of Nyamilepedia. The veracity of any claims made are the responsibility of the writer(s), and not the staff and the management of Nyamilepedia.
Nyamilepdeia reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author(s).
For Opinions and News Reports: info@
For Technical Support: support@
To Advertise with Us: advertise@
For General Inquiry: nyamilepedia@